- California 健康y Kids Survey (CHKS)
- 大学 & 职业生涯
- Continuum of Supports and Services
- Community 资源 for 学生 and Adults with Disabilities
- Public Review Biology Instructional Materials
- Public Review AP Environmental 科学 Instructional Materials
- 评估、分级 & 测试
- 课程的学习 & 课程
- 高中文凭 & 大学入学要求
- School Plans For Student Achievement (SPSA)
Thank you for taking the time to learn about the California Standards and what they mean for your student.
California Common Core State Standards
California has adopted the Common Core State Standards as our state’s official standards for ELA & 数学. The Common Core State Standards set grade-by-grade learning expectations for students in grades K-12 for 数学 and for 英语语言艺术 (ELA) and Literacy. While states have had standards for more than 15 years, this set of standards has set clear, consistent and high learning goals and is more focused on preparing students for success in college and career.
California Next Generation 科学 Standards (NGSS)
California formally adopted the Next Generation 科学 Standards (NGSS) in September 2013. A guiding te净 of the NGSS is "All Standards, 所有的学生," meaning all students will have the opportunity to experience learning in all disciplines of science, including: Life 科学 (Biology), Physical 科学 (Chemistry and Physics), 地空间科学, 和工程. The state provided school districts with a variety of course models from which to choose. Helpful parent guides to the NGSS can be found 在这里.
California has also adopted the new Smarter Balanced 评估 Consortium (SBAC) assessments to measure student growth and achievement relative to the new ELA and 数学 standards. Following two years of field testing and piloting, these new assessments are officially administered to all students in grades 3-8 and 11 beginning in the Spring of 2015. This will provide our baseline performance data from which we will continue to grow throughout our gradual, purposeful transition to the Common Core State Standards.
The California 科学 Test (CAST) is an online assessment based on the California Next Generation 科学 Standards (NGSS). All local educational agencies (LEAs) with eligible students in grades five and eight and in high school will administer the CAST operational test. The CAST operational test uses the current California 评估 of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) test delivery system and will be only administered online. More information regarding the CAST can be found 在这里.
而共同核心是“新”的, our District’s Strategic Plan articulates values that are already in line with Common Core, making this less of a transition to a new set of priorities, 和更准确地, a reinforcement of those things we value:
- We believe in pursuing a culture w在这里 all students are engaged in a rigorous, relevant & 技术课程.
- We believe in sharing a commitment to high expectations for the growth and achievement of each student and staff member.
- All students will have the skills and knowledge essential to the pursuit of their personal long-term educational, 职业和生活目标.
- All students will have the knowledge and skills necessary to meet standards of achievement and performance.
- 学生, 作为终身学习者, learn best when they are actively engaged in their learning and use relevant applications for solving problems.
- We believe in engaging students, parents and community members as partners in the educational process.